- So, you’ve setup iCloud, and you’ve setup Photo Stream. Great! Life is easy. Your pictures show up in iPhoto without you thinking about it.
The next time you plug your phone into your Mac, iPhoto launches and asks you to import pictures. Then it tells you that they’re all duplicate. You look around the preferences, and there is no way to turn it off.
- Plug in your iPhone. Ignore iTunes.
- Open “Image Capture”. It’s in your Applications folder.
- Click on your iPhone in Image Capture.
- Change the popup under “Connecting this iPhone opens:” from “iPhoto” to “No application”